The influx of foreign nationals to play in the Ghana premier league is gradually becoming a regular practice among clubs in the country’s top-tier competition.
Though several of such players have struggled to make a name on Ghanaian soil, others such as Abdulai Soulemana, Ahmed Simba Toure, Robin Gnana, Victorien Adebayor, and Sogne Yacouba have made a good case for the signing of imports.
With the 2020/21 Ghana premier league set to commence on November 13, 2020, Press Sports Ghana bring you the list of foreign nationals registered to play in this year’s league season.
Out of the 18 league clubs, Hearts of Oak, Asante Kotoko, and Bechem United are among six clubs to have registered foreign nationals for their various league campaigns.
Below are the 10 new foreign players signed this season to feature in Ghana’s domestic top flight.
- Abdul Mamane Lawali – Niger – Central Midfielder (Hearts of Oak)
- Danjuma Kuti – Nigeria – Striker (Hearts of Oak)
- Eric Dizan – Ivory Coast – Winger (Hearts of Oak)
- Alhassan Traore – Mali – Midfielder (Bechem United)
- Boubacar Sadiki Doumbia – Mali – Center Back (Bechem United)
- Moussa Traore – Mali – Left Winger (Bechem United)
- Fabio Gama – Brazil – Midfielder (Asante Kotoko)
- Ali Isah – Nigeria – Center Back (Inter Allies)
- Varney Boakai Sando – Liberia – Midfielder (Karela United)
- Mohamed Bailou – Burkina Faso – Goalkeeper (AshantiGold SC)