Public Relations Officer (PRO) of Hearts of Oak Michael Opare Addo has advised supporters of the club to ignore false reports from the media concerning the Pobiman Academy Facility.
This comes in the wake reports from some section of the media suggesting that the ongoing project may be halted in coming days.
Opare Addo shared thoughts on the project with Kumasi-based Hello FM.
“We’ve Started The Pobiman Project And today Is Exactly Two Weeks We Started The Whole Project. Despite The Continuous Heavy Rainfall In Accra, They Are Still Working Hard Day-In-Day-Out. They Even Work On Saturdays And Sunday’s”
“They Have Started The Concrete Works And Everyone’s Happy About The Work. Looking At It, He Will Be Able To Finish Within The Three Months He Promised”, he said.
“With All Apologies, It Only Shows That, They Are Exposing Their Ignorance About The Whole Thing. The Contractor Has Been There Every Single Day Since He Started The Work And I Have Been Visiting The Site Every Single Day. Last Saturday, It Rained Heavily But He Worked”
The communications director called on the club faithful to ignore reports from unscrupulous people, insisting that the club will continue to update them on a regular.
“All Hearts of Oak Supporters Should Note That It Is Not True. The Contractor Has Been Working Everyday, Even When It’s Raining.
“People Will Certainly Make Stories About This And That’s Why We Keep On Updating Them Through Our Social Media Handles So That They Get To Know What’s Going On There”.
He further maintained that the work is going according to plan and the groundworks is expected to be completed within the three months stipulated period.
“The Experts Advice We Had Before We Came Out With The Timelines Clearly Showed That Within Three Months We Should Be Able To Finish The Groundwork Of The Project”
“We Are Humans, Nobody Knows What Will Happen Today Or Tomorrow. We Are Hoping That Everything Goes According To How We Have Started So Far, Then I Am Very Positive That Within The Three Months We Will Be Able To Complete That Aspect Of The Project”
“We Know How The COVID-19 Pandemic Has Forced People To Strategize Again About Their Projections. This Is Because They Can’t Fight Against It So They Had To Suspend And Strategize Again.
“We Don’t Pray For A Scenario Like That Where The Work Will Be Suspended, But We Are Hoping That All Will Go On As Planned. After The Three Months That He’s Done With His Part Then The Foreign Contractors Will Also Come, And Continue In The Next Three Months To Complete The Project”, Michael Opare Addo told Hello FM.